Pre-surgical evaluations have become standard practice and provide your physician with information regarding your psychological functioning and mental preparedness for surgery.
In order to provide you with the best possible care, your physician will request a psychological evaluation prior to surgery. We work closely with you and your surgical team to complete a comprehensive psychological evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for surgery.
How We Can Help
Psychological and behavioral factors can play an important role when determining your readiness for surgery. A psychological evaluation will help identify your strengths, weaknesses, and your motivation for surgery.
The evaluation will help your surgical team know if you understand the post-operative effects, potential complications, and follow-up care required after surgery. A psychological evaluation can also help identify areas that you might need additional support or assistance in.
A psychological evaluation is typically requested for the following surgical procedures:
What to Expect
Our pre-surgical evaluations typically involve:
- A clinical interview to gather relevant background information and history. The interview will help us understand important psychological, medical, and social background information, and your current cognitive and psychological functioning.
- Consultation with your physician and surgeon to learn more about the surgery they are requesting an evaluation for and specific questions they wanted answered in the evaluation.
- Administration of psychological tests and self-report questionnaires to assess your current level of psychological functioning.
- After we complete the evaluation, we will write a comprehensive report that integrates our findings, identifies your strengths and weaknesses, provides treatment recommendations, and give it to you and your physician.
- We will also conduct a feedback session to go over testing results and our treatment recommendations.
A psychological evaluation will assess your readiness for surgery and identify additional areas you need support in
Schedule your free 20 minute phone consultation today!
Connect With Us
Locations (By Appointment Only):
2930 Foothill Blvd.
La Crescenta, CA 91214
15233 Ventura Blvd., Suite 500
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
515 South Flower St., 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
111 West Ocean Blvd., Suite 400
Long Beach, CA 90802
25350 Magic Mountain Parkway, Suite 300 Valencia, CA 91355
3281 E. Guasti Road, 7th Floor
Ontario, CA 91761