A comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation will help identify how a neurological or psychological condition is impacting your behavior, cognitive abilities, and everyday functioning.
We work closely with you, your family, and your physicians to provide practical feedback and interventions to help improve your quality of life.
How We Can Help
A comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation is essential if you are experiencing unexplained memory or cognitive problems or if you’re diagnosed with a neurological condition.
Neuropsychological testing can help you in several ways:
- We can help identify your strengths and weaknesses in various areas of cognitive functioning. For example, neuropsychological testing can help determine if memory changes or difficulties with attention or concentration are normal, age-related, or due to a neurological disorder.
- We can help you and your physicians differentiate between various neurological and psychological conditions. Neurological and psychological conditions have different patterns of strength and weaknesses on neuropsychological tests. The results will help identify which areas of the brain are involved and provide an accurate diagnosis.
- Neuropsychological testing can be used to establish a “baseline”. This can help identify your skills and cognitive abilities before there is a serious problem. This can be helpful for athletes who play contact sports or those who are at risk for developing Dementia.
- We will use your test results to identify and target problem areas that need to be addressed by health care providers. This information can be used by your physicians to plan treatments that use your strengths to build up your weaknesses.
Complaints and Conditions That May Indicate Need for Testing
What to Expect
Our neuropsychological evaluations typically involve:
- A detailed clinical interview with you and close members of your family. The interview will help us understand important psychological, medical, and social background information, and your current cognitive and psychological functioning.
- Consultation with your physician to determine the questions that need to be addressed.
- A review of medical, psychological, and other collateral documents to help us have a better understanding of your psychological and emotional functioning.
- We will administer neuropsychological and psychological tests to objectively assess for mental health diagnoses and cognitive impairment.
- We will administer and interpret paper and computer-based tests to assess for:
- General intellectual abilities
- Higher level executive skills such as reasoning and problem solving
- Attention and concentration
- Language comprehension and communication
- Visual-spatial skills and perception
- Memory impairment
- Motor and sensory skills
- Mood and personality
- Psychological diagnoses
- After we complete the evaluation, we will write a comprehensive report that integrates our findings, identifies your strengths and weaknesses, provides treatment recommendations, and give it to you and your physician.
- We will also conduct a feedback session and go over testing results and our treatment recommendations.
A neuropsychological evaluation will identify how a neurological condition is impacting you and provide recommendations to improve your quality of life
Schedule your free 20 minute phone consultation today!
Connect With Us
Locations (By Appointment Only):
2930 Foothill Blvd.
La Crescenta, CA 91214
15233 Ventura Blvd., Suite 500
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
515 South Flower St., 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
111 West Ocean Blvd., Suite 400
Long Beach, CA 90802
25350 Magic Mountain Parkway, Suite 300 Valencia, CA 91355
3281 E. Guasti Road, 7th Floor
Ontario, CA 91761