Dyslexia evaluations are the most common type of learning disorder evaluation we complete for academic or work place accommodations. In the general population, anywhere from 15-20% (around 30 million people in the United States) have some signs of dyslexia.
Our comprehensive evaluations will help identify your cognitive and academic strengths and weaknesses to determine if your difficulties with reading are due to dyslexia.
We work closely with you, your family, and your teachers to provide practical feedback and recommendations for accommodations to help improve your performance in school and at work.
How We Can Help
Dyslexia is a neurodevelopmental condition that you were born with but that does not mean that you have to struggle in school or work for the rest of your life.
Individuals with dyslexia have trouble reading accurately and fluently. They might also have trouble with reading comprehension, spelling, and writing.
Do any of these situations found familiar?
- You read slowly
- You had trouble learning how to read in school
- You must read something two or three times before it makes sense
- You omit or mix up letters when you are reading or writing
- You make lots of spelling mistakes
- You have difficulty pronouncing multi-syllable words when you are reading
- You read magazines and short articles rather than long books
- You avoid working on projects that require a lot of reading
These are the common types of problems that individuals with dyslexia have. If you have any of these problems, then reading and writing for assignments and tests have likely been difficult for you.
According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), your school and employer might be legally required to provide you with reasonable accommodations if you are diagnosed with dyslexia.
We’re here to help you perform at your maximum potential by helping you figure out if you have dyslexia and provide recommendations to help you get accommodations at work, in school, and on standardized tests and licensing exams
We use a combination of psychological testing, behavioral observations, and consultations with your teachers and school to provide an accurate diagnosis and recommendations for accommodations and treatment.
Academic accommodations such as extra time, extended breaks, or a private room can help level the playing field and allow you to perform at your true potential.
Accommodations can be provided for the following standardized tests:
What to Expect
Our dyslexia evaluations typically involve:
- A comprehensive clinical interview to help us understand important psychological, medical, educational, and social background information as well as your current cognitive and psychological functioning.
- Review of medical, psychological, and school records that help us have a better understanding of your psychological functioning and academic performance.
- We will administer psychological and neuropsychological tests to objectively assess for mental health diagnoses, cognitive abilities, and educational achievement. We will administer and interpret paper and computer-based tests to assess for:
- General intellectual abilities
- Educational achievement (Reading, writing, spelling, and math abilities)
- Higher level executive skills such as reasoning and problem solving
- Attention and concentration
- Language comprehension and communication
- Visual-spatial skills and perception
- Memory impairment
- Motor and sensory skills
- Mood and personality
- Psychological diagnoses
- After we complete the evaluation, we will write a comprehensive report that integrates our findings and give it to you and your school. We can also send the report directly to any organizations that need the report to provide you with accommodations.
- We will also conduct a feedback session and go over the results of the testing and our recommendations for treatment.
A neuropsychological evaluation will identify if you have dyslexia and help you get academic accommodations
Schedule your free 20 minute phone consultation today!
Mailing Address: 466 Foothill Blvd. #205
La Canada, CA 91011
Connect With Us
Locations (By Appointment Only):
2930 Foothill Blvd.
La Crescenta, CA 91214
15233 Ventura Blvd., Suite 500
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
515 South Flower St., 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
111 West Ocean Blvd., Suite 400
Long Beach, CA 90802
25350 Magic Mountain Parkway, Suite 300 Valencia, CA 91355
3281 E. Guasti Road, 7th Floor
Ontario, CA 91761